Advantages of a PVC carpet floor over woolen carpet floor
What are the advantages of a PVC carpet floor over woollen carpet floor?
1. PVC flooring can be easily cleaned whereas; cleaning of woollen flooring is a tedious job. For cleaning of woollen carpet, wet cleaning is ruled out, and for dust removal, vacuum cleaner is needed.
2. PVC flooring does not get damaged due to water or by mild acids or mild alkalies. Whereas woollen flooring becomes wet with water and can create unhealthy situation due to rottening of jute backing cloth.
3. PVC flooring is available in many colours, designs, sizes and in tile forms. There is a limitation of colours and design in woollen flooring.
4. Woollen flooring is much expensive as compared to PVC flooring.
What are the advantages of pre-cast slabs over slabs cast on site?
The advantages of pre-cast slabs are following
1. Pre-cast slabs are light in weight compared to the slabs cast on site. Hence the structure gets less loaded with pre-cast slabs.
2. Quality of the pre-cast slabs is well controlled since the job is carried under skilled supervision.
3. Casting and curing time for a slab cast on site is at least one moth. Installing a pre-cast slab takes hardly a day or two. Hence installing pre-cast slab in an occupied tenement / shop / office is a much better solution.
4. The pre-cast slabs can be dismantled and reused somewhere else.
5. No centering structures are needed for pre-cast slabs.
Explain seasoning of timber.
Timber contains water. Timber does require a definite percentage of water in it, in order to retain its fibers strongly adhered to each other.
Timber releases a part of this moisture in dry and hot atmosphere. And absorbs moisture in cold and humid conditions. This absorption and release, makes the timber bent, warped, shrunk or swollen etc. This change in the shape of a member can endanger the structure of which it is a part of.
It has been found that if the percentage of moisture is controlled to a certain level, there is a least transfer of water between the timber and the atmosphere. And thereby the structure is prevented from damaging or deforming. This percentage to be controlled depends upon tropical conditions where the timber is to be used.
Not everyone wants to be a fashion designer. And with the multitude of roles to form a long career in, fashion has plenty to offer young talent that seeks more to life than design.
In this month's interview, Larissa Lima gives us a look at what inspired her into choosing fashion journalism as a career, what it's like working in fashion, as well as some tips for achieving success in the field of fashion media.
How would you describe yourself as a fashion journalist?
First of all, I love to write! And because of that, I describe myself as a passionate writer. My skill is in being versatile as a writer. My career has enabled me to work in fashion, beauty, marketing, culture, and lifestyle. All those segments are so important because they make my writing skills more enriching.
What is your background and what training have you had?
I started my career early, at 16 years old, and my first job was as a sales associate for a luxury multi-brands store (Prada, Valentino,...
25 Ways to Develop Your Fashion Knowledge and Skills for Free
Everday is an opportunity to take one more step on your path to fulfilling your dreams of becoming a fashion designer. This post is based on a lesson in our free course, Advice And Guidance On Choosing A Career As A Fashion Designer.
Read it and learn about specific steps you can take over the next 12 months to develop a better understanding of working in fashion.
Ok so here's a list of things that you CAN Do over the next year to move closer to your dreams. All of these steps are actionable. In other words, you can make this happen.